Subject: Re: Problems with FX-Spotlight Mask
From: Aimee Gravelle
Date: Tue, 28 Apr 1998 20:11:56 +0100

Susana,

I did something similar using the Spotlight Mask as a guide on my site,
belisdesign.com(still under construction, but you can at least check out my
mini movie on the main page).

In your mask layer you need to create the shape you want to use as a mask.
In this case I created a circle, made it a symbol and put in on the layer.
Insert your keyframes and set-up your tween, for example from right to left
over the text.

The layer beneath the mask become what will show through as the mask tweens
over the headline. For example I put a big yellow headline on the layer
underneath the mask, as the circle mask moves over the headline only the
yellow portion appears.

Below those two layers I insert a layer with black text/grey shadow that is
completely visible, except for where it is masked.

And as you've noticed, the mask layers need to be locked in order for
transparency to show up.

Hope this helps, email me with more questions.

Best,
Aimee