Subject: Re: FLASH: sketches -> vectors
From: anna
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 1999 20:42:53 +0100

>Howdy Flashfolk,
>
>I've been playing around with photoshop & Illustrator trying to get nice
>vector versions of sketches. So far, I can't seem to get anything other
>than blocky woodcut looking stuff. It's fine for some stuff, but I'd like
>to be able preserve the fine lines if possible.
>
>Are there any programs or techniques that could help me do this?

try bringing the bitmap into flash to trace at a really high resolution -
before bringing it in make sure it contains only two colors - black and white.

i have found that a bitmap at the resolution of 300-400,
with trace settings (500: 5: normal: few corners) works
pretty well for me. (oh also when you bring the bitmap in
bring it in as a pict which will maintain the actual image
size as well as the resolution)

after tracing make sure you optimize the lines if you
are using any type of complex drawings....
-anna

>Here's an example of the results I'm getting now:
>
>sketch
>http://www.construct.net/who/annette/vectors/lonely.gif
>
>vector (color added in flash)
>http://www.construct.net/who/annette/vectors/lonely.html