Subject: Re: FLASH: Mac IE 5.0 + Flash frameset bug
From: Randy Kato
Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2000 21:06:24 +0100

Hi Matt,

That's exactly what we've found (though we didn't try with a QT movie).

The thing is that if you specify no scrollbars in your frameset, it shouldn't matter if the contents of the frame are larger than the size you specify for that frame. Mac IE 5 does 'obey' your commands when initially loading the page, but on Refresh it seems to
ignore them -- IF the frame contains embedded media. This is why we refer to it as a bug rather than just a run of the mill browser/platform incompatibility.

Is this in line with what you're thinking? We haven't reported anything to MS yet since we wanted to put it out there to see what others have found.

-Randy

--
Randy Kato - Web Master

627 Broadway, Suite 504, NYC 10012