Subject: Re: FLASH: Can I stream someone else's mp3?
From: Ben Park
Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2000 15:09:19 +0100

John,

No offence to Ricardo in any way, but as people who are on the Shoutcast
list will know (there may not be any of you here), Live365 don't want people
sourcing their streams from other places at the moment, because then you
don't see their advertising, and they don't make any money.
Perfectly aceptable I think, given that you're not paying for the service,
but Live365's engineers may be confusing whether you can, with what they
actually want they to do.
This is the reason why Live365 streams no longer show up on the
yp.shoutcast.com index.

I don't know if it is actually possible, but you could be getting a biased
answer from Live365.
I mean - if you can bring in text into Flash files, using variables, then
maybe you can with mp3 as well, but I know nothing about that side of Flash
at the mo.
Anyone know if it is possible to bring in things other than text to a swf?

Ben