Subject: FLASH: Netscape 4.06 and Flash movies
From: Nigel Randsley-Pena
Date: Wed, 26 Aug 1998 01:11:31 +0100

This one is for those of you in the USA or Canada or those who like
myself have or use the 128bit version of Netscape 4.06.
The situation :

A client of mine located in a country that I prefer not to mention here
upgraded it's browsers to Netscape4.06 128bit(aka US version) for
Windows. For various reasons the security key database is password
protected in each browser.After supervising the upgrade and while
testing the software a strange fact arose. If before starting Java an
attempt was made to open an HTML document that contained a swf file the
browser would crash after soon after requesting the password and
starting Java. the only way to make this stop occuring was to start
Netscape with the -start_java option.
So what I would like to know is if any of you have seen this happen or
not, this would help me track down why it happens.

Thanks in advance for any help.