Subject: Re: FLASH: Generator-enabled web hosts - looking for
From: John Dowdell
Date: Wed, 26 Aug 1998 01:12:11 +0100

At 8:31 AM 8/22/98, Steve Salkin wrote:
>So for this all to work, there must be web hosting services who buy the
>server, just like realAudio servers. Are there any yet? Is there a list?
>I'd like to look them over and see what the price differential is to have
>generator servers available.

Sorry... I'm trying to catch up on FLASHER-L, sorted by subject, and so I'm
out-of-chrono.

Yes, there are ISPs who have purchased Generator and who are serving
designer's documents. Check in the Generator newsgroup for these early
individual listings. There will be a fuller listing on the Generator
website soon... in process.

(Reminder: Just as with other serverside applications, your main host can
be ISP Acme Inc., and you can serve graphics from ISP Graphics Inc. -- no
need to switch, just to add.)

in the Generator newsgroup at
news://forums.macromedia.com/macromedia.generator, thanks.

jd

Private email options: http://www.macromedia.com/support/priority.html
Entertainment on the web: http://shockrave.macromedia.com/
Luscious web graphics: http://www.macromedia.com/software/fireworks/