Subject: Re: FLASH: Generator-enabled web hosts - looking for
From: John Dowdell
Date: Wed, 26 Aug 1998 23:19:09 +0100

At 4:42 AM 8/26/98, John Croteau wrote:
>I have been unable to locate one ISP who has implemented Generator and
>has made it available to the public. I have found announcements of sites
>that say they wlll host but none that I can find are implemented yet.
>The question is still open as to whether any ISP will supplly generator
>for a reasonable price.

I've seen announcements in the Flash Generator group, but I don't know
whether they've got contracts available as of this afternoon. (In tech
support we got our copies of the Generator design kit last Thursday.)

I haven't memorized the posts myself, but someone else on the team is
working on the listing. (They've learned to keep me away from organized
tasks. ;)

I'd anticipate that, if someone downloaded the trial of the Generator
Developers Studio and started developing templates with it, that there will
be a few early independents who offer the realtime serving of these dynamic
graphics by the time that project is ready. (Then again, some folks design
faster than others, so.... ;)

advertising. The Generator newsgroup seems to have the highest
concentration of folks with this interest right now, and I understand that
a list of ISPs offering graphics generation will be on the Macromedia
website "soon".

jd

Private email options: http://www.macromedia.com/support/priority.html
Entertainment on the web: http://shockrave.macromedia.com/