Subject: Re: FLASH: Further OT: Mickey Richardson, Freehand
From: unique
Date: Sat, 21 Aug 1999 00:45:23 +0100

> Hi all,
>
>> >I went to one of Macromedia's free 1/2-day seminars recently. "Fast Mickey"
>> >was one of the presenters. He advised us that he does *almost all of* his
>> >Flash work in FreeHand. (You've done the Flash tutorial in the FreeHand
>> >manual, right?) This choice of software on his part may or may not have
>> >anything to do with his nickname ...
>> Had to defend the man. If you're talking about Mickey Richardson he's great.
>> They give the guy three hours to discuss Freehand, Dreamweaver, Fireworks
>> and Flash at one of their shows.
> Is Mickey in his 'Mickey Live Show' still suggesting that we create
> movies with lots of small Scenes with none longer than about 45 frames,
> because that is how many frames you can see on the stage at a time?
>
> Flash is the preferred arena to create and compose Flash presentations.
> I and many others now draw mostly in Flash and use Freehand,
> Illustrator, Corel or other programs to provide occasional things like
> specialize shapes and things that can be drawn much easier in a full
> blown graphics program or a specialized one (like 3D).
>
> If you are a serious Flasher designing for the Web, you will find
> learning how to draw and create in Flash is very helpful and will save a
> lot of time and/or bytes in the long run since Flash creations need much
> much less optimizing.

While this *OT* thread is open:

Does anyone know of software (preferably but not necessarily for the Mac)
that allows you to graph functions with three (x, y, z) variables, in
simulated 3-D space? And even more specifically, is there any such software
that allows you to view the 3-D graph from various specifically defined
points in space?

Mathematically yours,

Ken Sherwood

kensherwood.com