Subject: FLASH: Dazed and Confused - Quicktime won't play when I select QuickTime VR?
From: John Mandia
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 1999 11:27:40 +0100

Howdy,

I am currently exporting my Flash presentation in Quicktime Format so that I
can play QuickTime movies within it.

It will basically be a presentation where the viewers can select what bit of
the presentation they want to see first (A bit like a web site).

When I first started exporting it worked fine but now whenever I export it
and select controller QuickTime VR
and Alpha - Alpha Transparent and Layer - Top the movie doesn't open when I
open it.

It opens fine if I select Controller - None and Alpha/Layer - Auto but I
then lose the ability to have Flash Controls work within the movie (Which is
the whole point of doing it this way).

Can this have anything to do with the movie size? I first had it quite
large and I then reduced it to 800 by 600 and then 580 by 460 (So that it
would fit on all types of resolution).

Is this a Bug in Flash 4?

Thanks,

John