Subject: Re: FLASH: OT Speaking of scripting
From: Michael Penne
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 1999 17:32:39 +0100

very important to remember that javascript is _not_ java.

Javascript _does not_ use any virtual machine, it is rendered by the
browser. diabling java _will not_ effect running javascripts. However,
many people are quite confused by the difference between javascript and
java and may disable javascript at the same time they disable java. (NS
named its scripting language for Nav javascript because at the time
java was 'the big thing' and they wanted to catch some of the hype',
however they are completly differnet technologies.) If you have clients
who you have done javascripting for, (and who may be ignorant of the
difference between javascript and java) it may be a good idea to handle
this proactively...

--- Karin Christensen <karincatccosmo [dot] net> wrote:
> I just read this article this morning on a
> discovered bug in IE where
> cleverly coded java scripting in an email or web
> page can damage your
> computer. I wonder if people will disable java
> scripting because of
> this. It recommended disabling active scripting
> which I did although
> I don't have a clue as to what it means. Will this
> affect Flash
> movies?
> The story,
> http://www.wired.com/news/news/technology/story/21459.html
>
> Karin

> For info on digest mode send: info flasher to
> list-manageratshocker [dot] com

===
2D/3D/Flash/etc...

http://www.humboldt.edu/~mmp5