Subject: Re: FLASH: OT Speaking of scripting
From: John Croteau
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 1999 23:40:07 +0100

Hi Karin,

>> I just read this article this morning on a discovered bug in IE where
>> cleverly coded java scripting in an email or web page can damage your
>> computer.
>> http://www.wired.com/news/news/technology/story/21459.html
> Now I'm probably more confused.

If you are using IE 4 on Windows and read email using programs like
Outlook, Outlook Express, and Qualcomm's Eudora that use Microsoft's
viewing software you should get the update.

There is probably no immediate danger but I'm sure that there are
malicious hackers out there trying to exploit this bug now that it is
known to exist.

Get the update if you need it or might need it:
http://www.microsoft.com/Security/Bulletins/MS99-031.asp