Subject: FLASH: toggling button?
From: Chris Burke
Date: Sat, 28 Aug 1999 17:22:40 +0100

Here is my second question:

I want to make a button that will toggle and stay at an 'on' state and then
an 'off' state when pressed again. I tried adding frames to a button but it
would never go past the down state frame. I guess they're hard wired to
jump back to frame 1 after the down state.

The problem with making it a MC is that I will need to tell target it to
play and the main timeline will stop. Or can you have a MC play while the
main timeline is also playing? (I think there's something critical here
that I missed.)

Thanks for any help that anyone can offer. My project is still the same
Beatnik/Flash thing that I was bugging you about a month ago.

/Chris Burke