Subject: Re: FLASH: how can i keep the "down" state with a button
From: Chris Burke
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 1999 18:23:21 +0100

gerald,

with some help from folks on the list, I found that for such a button you
need to make it a MC, not a button. Just create the states within discreet
frames and put a Frame Action:stop on each. Label the frames "on", "over",
and "off" (in whatever order.)

In the "on" frame, put an Instance Action on the main image to tell it to
Go To the label 'over'. On the image in the 'over' frame, put an Instance
Action telling it: On RollOut: go to "on" label. Also on this image, put
another Instance Action telling it: On Press: go to "off" label.

It's easiest if you put this MC in a layer by itself. In any case, it needs
to persist throughout the section you want it active.

Hope this helps.

/Chris

>is there a possibility to keep the down-state with a button.
>that means: when i click the button it should change its
>shape and keep it until i click another button.
>can i do this with properties?
>
>gerry

Bong + Dern, Inc.
Sound and Music for New Media