Subject: Re: FLASH: Just wondering...
From: Spamgirl
Date: Sat, 5 Aug 2000 04:42:47 +0100

"Brack, Jeremy" wrote:

> If you "cache" the page before they get to the flash movie, then the page
> will already be done before the flash starts to play..
> in other words, make 2 html pages identical. On the first page have a text
> or graphic button that links to the second page. Then put the flash movie
> on the second page.

The only problem with that is the layout of the entire site makes that pretty
impossible... I don't know where they'll be coming from, and a page that is
there solely to load up graphics would likely stop the person from viewing the
section altogether (because this flash movie IS the intro, and you can't intro
an intro without seeming like there's too much crap to wade through)... that
was the first thing I tried :)

> The other way to solve this is to use frames. Put all of the graphics on
> the top or side frame, and then when you link to a flash movie, the flash
> will play in its own frame, with all of the other html stuff already loaded
> in place.

I thought of that too, but the site is supposed to flow, and this section can't
be that much different than another ones...

My problem is that even with the images in the cache the movie is starting
before the rest of the page loads...
All my sites - http://www.7by24inc.com/cp/html/our_sites.html
Get paid to surf http://alladvantage.com/refhome.asp?refid=ANY961
Find ANYONE fast