Subject: FLASH: turning sound loop volume up or down, while playing??
From: gandersonathildebrand [dot] co [dot] uk
Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2000 12:47:11 +0100

Hi list

I have a number of sound loops that i would like to turn on and off, keeping
them in sync.

I know that I could set it up that when you press the drums button, the
drums kick in at the beginning of a new loop, but I what I really want is
for you to click the drums button and the drums to immediately pick up
during the loop.

At the moment I have set up a variable that checks whats playing and whats
not and then takes the user to the correct collection of sound loops, this
works fine except. it starts the new sequence from the beginning, causing a
horrible jump (depending on where the the loop is), I could set up another
variable that would check if the sound loop was at an end and then go to the
new sequence but then there would be a delay when pressing the button,
depending on where the loop was.

I guess what I want is to always be playing all of the sounds, and just be
turning the the specific volumes up or down. I don't know if this is
possible in Flash 4, but I seem to have seen it before, so there must be
some sort of work-around.

I have been struggling with this for a couple of days now. I would really
appreciate any asssistance, or nudge in some direction.

Thanks

Guy

ps: This is not a commercial project, but a personal design project for my
portfolio.