Subject: FLASH: broken plugin icon
From: d.l.cheseldine
Date: Mon, 14 Dec 1998 11:03:24 GMT

Just joined flasher.

I am having problems getting my first .swf project (Flash 3) to show in a
browser - the file seems to download from our server but then I get the
broken plugin icon. If I click this it says text/plain - unknown plugin.
I can get other flash projects to work on my test machine.

These are the lines I have put in the mime types file on our server
(Netscape Enterprise 2.01):

type=application/x-shockwave-flash exts=.swf
type=application/futuresplash exts=.spl

Can anyone shed any light?

Thanks in advance

dave Cheseldine

--
David Cheseldine | Email: d [dot] l [dot] cheseldineatbham [dot] ac [dot] uk
Multimedia Developer |