Subject: FLASH: loading mcs.
From: Alice D.
Date: Mon, 14 Dec 1998 14:37:28 GMT

Hi,

Theoretical question: Let's say there is one mc in the movie and it's
150 keyframes long. The movie timeline is 100 keyframes long. So with
the mc at the end of the movie the movie timeline is 101. I wonder, if I
put 'If frame loaded' statement at the beginning of the movie saying
play 100 as soon as 101 is loaded... will it actually load the whole mc
before it starts playing the movie?

If I put the mc keyframes in the movie timeline... thus making it 250
keyframes long (but no mc) and put the 'if frame loaded' statement... is
that the only way to assure that everything will load up before the
movie is played?

I'm asking because if I'm using multiple mcs that would be a hassle, but
also I don't want to play the movie without all the mcs having been
loaded first.

Hope it's not too confusing.

Thank you.

Alice D.