Subject: Re: FLASH: My first major flash site completed: comments?
From: Marc Hoffman
Date: Tue, 15 Dec 1998 00:46:25 GMT

Hi Quinn,

really you ought to read up on MIME and check it yourself. it's still not
set right, and it's not difficult at all to check for it (see Flash Central
for instructions, or MM's Flash Support site).

Nevetheless, the site looked way better on my NN4.5 than last time. You've
done great work on it. I noticed a couple of little things (during a
fairly quick visit, 'cause I'm swamped today). Bg color of movie is a bit
paler than HTML bg color -- could be a monitor thing. Try using a web-safe
color and match within Flash for hexadecimal value.

Also, where you refer to the web site your company did, there's no reason
not to create a hot link within your movie so folks can go straight there.
I recommend you open it in a new window so the link to the current site
isn't lost.

When I return home, the music starts again. Suggest you put it in its own
movie so it remains at the user setting throughout the site.

Did I mention the MIME needs setting? ;-)

-Marc

At 04:15 PM 12/14/98 -0800, you wrote:

>I'd appreciate any comments suggestion on this web site.
>
>http://kosher.nssd.com/rush/index.htm
>
>I believe that the mime is set properly. There is no pre-loader, so be
patient while it loads, it should begin streaming fairly quickly. I have
tested this over a 14.4 and it worked fairly smoothly.

>Also, our isdn has been flighty last couple weeks, (sometimes I can access
it sometimes I can't) SO if it doesn't load, then try again in a bit.

>I thank you for all your help and ideas in the progress of this project.
>
>cheers,
>quinn

Marc Hoffman