Subject: Re: FLASH: movie clips loop formula ??
From: John Croteau
Date: Tue, 15 Dec 1998 09:08:39 GMT

Hi Mingo,

> (Once upon a time..) I have 5 frames movie with 2 layers.
> In the first layer, I placed a 2 keyframes movie clip on the first frame
> which have a digit '1' and '2' on each frame,
> on the second layer, I have a empty keyframe at frame 5 to stop the MC, but
> when I played the movie, it seems that the MC only loop 2 times ?
> Does anybody know the formula to compute the no. of loops a MC will play in
> terms of the timeline of the main movie ?? (Does the fps - frame rate, part
> of the formula too ..i suspect..)
A Movie Clip will continue to play until it no longer exists. It plays
at the same rate as the maintime line but it's starting and stopping are
independent of the main timeline.

If the main timeline plays for four frames (without stopping) then the
MC will play the same number of frames (4).

If there is a stop action in the first frame of the main timeline, the
MC will play continuously.

A Movie Clip will stop when its frame no longer exists.

Need a PC ? -- Computer King --
http://www.crownmall.com/computers/