Subject: Re: FLASH: movie clips loop formula ??
From: mingo
Date: Tue, 15 Dec 1998 12:20:13 GMT

At 04:05 AM 12/15/98 -0500, you wrote:
>Hi Mingo,
>
>> (Once upon a time..) I have 5 frames movie with 2 layers.
>> In the first layer, I placed a 2 keyframes movie clip on the first frame
>> which have a digit '1' and '2' on each frame,
>> on the second layer, I have a empty keyframe at frame 5 to stop the MC, but
>> when I played the movie, it seems that the MC only loop 2 times ?
>> Does anybody know the formula to compute the no. of loops a MC will play in
>> terms of the timeline of the main movie ?? (Does the fps - frame rate, part
>> of the formula too ..i suspect..)
>A Movie Clip will continue to play until it no longer exists. It plays
>at the same rate as the maintime line but it's starting and stopping are
>independent of the main timeline.
>
>If the main timeline plays for four frames (without stopping) then the
>MC will play the same number of frames (4).

so if my MC has two frames, does it been it will repeat the two frames
four times ?

>If there is a stop action in the first frame of the main timeline, the
>MC will play continuously.
>
>A Movie Clip will stop when its frame no longer exists.

sorry, I don't quite understand this last statement..what do you mean by 'frame
no longer exists" I thought, a Movie Clip will loop (repeat playing its own
frames)
Endlessly ?

In my previous example, even when I put a stop action at the last frame of
the main movie, the MC seems to continue to play nonstop....until I issued a
Tell Target action to stop it.

correct me if i'm wrong. Thanks for your time.

mingo

*** Welcome ***
ah mingo digital garden
~ Photoshop Photo Touchup Tips ~