Subject: FW: FLASH: Disable Browser "Back" Button
From: Vishnevsky, Nelly
Date: Tue, 15 Dec 1998 15:30:27 GMT

I wonder if I am alone in my search for a way to disable the browser's
"Back" button.

Our Flash movie lives in a single HTML frame, using Load Movie to load
various sections into levels. When people habitually use the "Back" button
in their browser, it kicks them all the way to the starting page. They
curse quietly, then begin making their selections again, only to forget and
hit that "Back" button again, when they are knee-deep within the site.

Is there any way, Java or otherwise, to disable the browser's "Back" button
while the Flash movie is playing?

Nelly Vishnevsky
The Hillier Group
e-mail: nvishnevskyathillier [dot] com