Subject: Re: FLASH: Quickie
From: Marc Hoffman
Date: Tue, 15 Dec 1998 20:15:26 GMT

At 12:28 PM 12/15/98 -0600, you wrote:
>Can someone give me a quick boot-to-the rear regarding some "morphing"...or
>at least how I can get a shape to transform into another shape?
>
>Thanks,
>
>Russell E. Unger

Keep the shapes simple . Tween several simple shapes on different layers
rather than one complex shape on one layer. Use Shape Hints (kept in
rotational order, or they won't work) to let Flash know where particular
points are ending up. If a tween is too complex, insert extra keyframes to
reduce the amount of morph from one to the next. Remember these must be
shapes, not symbols (if starting with a symbol, break it apart in the first
keyframe, then add another keyframe to create a second instance of the
shape, then alter the second instance).

Motion tweening (using symbols or groups) is a lot easier to handle. So,
if you can reduce your morph to several symbols (again, on separate
layers), it will be a simpler production.

HTH

Marc Hoffman