Subject: RE: FLASH: Quickie
From: Marc Hoffman
Date: Tue, 15 Dec 1998 21:04:45 GMT

At 02:17 PM 12/15/98 -0600, you wrote:
>Leave it to me to not understand this process exactly. Maybe it would help
>if I explained that I'm dealing with an image that I've traced and I was
>curious to know if it can be morphed into another image that I've traced.
>
>Otherwise, I'm just simply missing something.
>
>Russell E. Unger

Depends on complexity of the shape, but the answer is, probably not, unless
you can establish a point-to-point correlation between the shapes. you can
use the arrow tool to pull the first shape into the second (perhaps!) and
do this gradually, using shape tweening between keyframes. Or you can
create frame-by-frame animation that doesn't use tweening at all. Or you
can try a simultaneous fade-out/ fade-in using alpha changes (tend to be
slooow) or mask layers (one layer gets revealed while the other gets
concealed).

One of my favorite morphs in Flash is at http://www.funkyfunk.com/ but it's
actually an 11-frame (I think), frame-by-frame animation played at rates up
to 30 fps (clicking increases the frame rate and speed of music).

It is really hard to do anything complex with the morphing tool.

Marc Hoffman