Subject: Re: FLASH: So, you don't think you can stream a large AIFF?
From: Dave Hollinden
Date: Wed, 16 Dec 1998 18:11:23 GMT

The sound quality is passable on my system (PC w/soundblaster 16 and two
small Yamaha speakers), especialy since you chose music that works well
with the Flash ADPCM compression. I assume it streams well since you've
compressed it quite alot, and that there is almost nothing happening in the
animation.

By the way, did you pay for the right to use this music, or jsut snag it
for free? As a composer, I care about this kind of thing.

At 10:07 AM 12/16/98 -0600, you wrote:
>So, you don't think you can stream a large AIFF?
>
>Hmmm.
>
>Well, this one is over 3 minutes of music, and at 5/3 stays about 100
>frames ahead of the load all the way through @ 28.8, or slightly less.
>
>Amazing.
>
>I'm curious of how the sound quality is on your system. Passable?
>
>http://www.webstaffing.net
>
>--when the spaceship launches and you get underway, click in the "Web-Based
>Training" icon.

Dave Hollinden
Audio Engineer
Jet City Studios, Seattle
dhollindenatjetcitystudios [dot] com (mailto:dhollindenatjetcitystudios [dot] com)