Subject: Re: FLASH: problem with load movie
From: mingo
Date: Tue, 22 Dec 1998 15:47:47 GMT

Hi John,

There's another weird point, the load movies works on IE3.02 but not
Netscape4.02

>There are lots of potential problems that can affect Load Movie.
>1) Stop action in Frame one.

I have a stop action in main movie at the point when load movie action is
performed and
a stop action in the start of submovies.

>2) If Frame is Loaded action.

No, this action is not used.

>3) MIME.

Cannot be I think, cos if I type the url of the swf file i.e e.g.
http://www.abc.com/main.swf, it works perfectly ok !

>4) Misplaced Tell Target or Goto Action.

This I have to double check.

>Troubleshoot by placing Color Coded Numbers in both Levels so you can
>see when the problem occurs. Slow the frame rate down if you can not see
>what frames are being played at full speed.

The graphics that are missing are all placed in the first frame of submovie.
Only the buttons graphics cannot displayed.

I am using aftershock to generate the htm, does the codes have anything to
do with this ?

Oh..mine, now then I know its always easier to understand the theory, but
when you really get into doing and applying it...that's when the headaches
come...

Thanks anyway..I will try to solve it somehow..

mingo.

*** Welcome ***
ah mingo digital garden
~ Photoshop Photo Touchup Tips ~