Subject: RE: FLASH: RE: Mike who?
From: Rusty Worden
Date: Tue, 22 Dec 1998 16:03:49 GMT

As usual I am impressed with the delicacy in which Russell handled that.

Kudos to the man who can hang back and not make a slam dunk whenever possible.

Mi Dos Pesos...
Rusty

At 09:48 AM 12/22/98 -0600, you wrote:
>Its funny YOU should ask. I think I actually sent
>MBT a resume last year while shuffling for a summer job.
>To think a could have solved your morph problem just last week!
>>>To think, you could have. As I said previously, none of my post was a
>slam, and I'd expect the same respect from you. However, I wasn't hired to
>fulfill a Flash role; I stepped into it. To assume something one way or
>another would really only showcase one's naivete for such a situation.
>
>I'm orginally from Chicago. Sometimes companies look for
>talent and not just experience.
>>>Again, I feel somewhat attacked here, and I will not post further to this
>listing about it; we can take it privately beyond this. I'd hazard to guess
>that a lot of companies look for a healthy blend of talent, experience
>and/or personality. I know that we do, and we work very hard to ensure that
>our staff is comprised of people who actively take on more than their
>"defined" roles--regardless of experience. I don't know of you or of your
>submitted resume; I'm certain that I was hired after the fact of your
>submission, and it really doesn't affect me, but, and I could be wrong and
>apologize whole-heartedly if I have mis-taken your post, but, it is somewhat
>unfair to assume one reason or another about the way a company operates by
>one experience (or lack thereof). One would be better suited, I would
>think, to ask questions, instead.
>
>Bringing the development in-house
>allows for closer relations with the marketing department
>and a much better feel for the company your trying to brand.
>While Pepsiworld will still remain Needham's account, this one man
>team will do just what you said, reduce spending on a medium PepsiCo is
>unsure just exactly how to use.
>>>This makes perfect sense to me and I can defintely see WHY it's being
>done. It shows to me that the predictions of bringing certain types of work
>(DTP, GA, Web, etc.) in-house are starting to become a reality, and that is
>great for a lot of us "in the industry". This is certain to allow "us" to
>have more value and marketability in the future. Kudos Pepsi.
>
>I will launch these sites by tweaking the
>graphics done by Pepsi's Graphics Department...maintaining them
>is another issue. I'll be showcasing my work as time passes on.
>>>I will be anxious to view the work. Pepsi's no slouch, and I wouldn't
>assume you to be either to have landed there.

Rusty Worden
Webmaster
Cisco Systems
408-527-7587

The one thing that unites all human beings, regardless of age, gender,
religion, economic status, or ethnic background, is that, deep down
inside, we all believe that we are above-average drivers.