Subject: Re: FLASH: Re: http://www.wawakwala.com
From: Colin Moock
Date: Wed, 23 Dec 1998 16:22:49 GMT

flasheratshocker [dot] com,Internet writes:
>There are two ways to communicate between plugins and JavaScript, Live
>Connect and ActiveX. In their infinate wisdom Microsoft has not included
>either of these features in IE 3/4 browsers for Mac.

which leads to the annoying workaround of loading an HTML document into a
hidden frame which has an ONLOAD handler that starts your script. Of course,
that's only if you're trying to talk from flash to javascript, not the other
way around. a warning about the hidden frame technique: it causes problems with
the back button. I finally found time to write a workaround a few weeks ago
and posted it here. if you're using hidden frames to run scripts it's probably
worth looking at my window launcher to see the approach to the back button fix
(colinmoock.iceinc.com/webdesign/flash/ click on "technique 3")...

-colin