Subject: Re: FLASH: One last question from Newbie tonight
From: John Croteau
Date: Mon, 28 Dec 1998 02:44:21 GMT

Hi Greg,

> Another thing that throws me is when I create an alpha option on a symbol.
> If I make a symbol disappear using alpha I can't see it to select it at the
> point it is invisible. Is there a setting that shows me the symbol?
There are 3 different types of symbols and you handle invisibility in
in a different way for each.

A Graphic symbol should be invisible only if it is used in a Tween and
it should therefore be the only object in its layer.
If you can't find it easily by clicking it then lock or hide other
layers then
First select Edit > Select All
then Modify > Instance.

A Button with the Up State invisible will appear in a semi transparent
cyan color if
Control > Enable Buttons is not enabled.

A Movie Clip with its first frame empty (invisible) will appear as a
small round circle if not selected or a crosshair if selected.

Need a PC ? -- Computer King --
http://www.crownmall.com/computers/