Subject: Re: FLASH: RE: FLASH and a newbie, yikes!
From: Kenneth C. Sherwood
Date: Mon, 28 Dec 1998 02:58:26 GMT

roadrunner wrote:

> Okay, I just got Flash 3 and I'm lost with regards to a few concepts. Can
> somone clearly explain the difference between "tweening shape" and "tweening
> motion" These options arise under the "frame properties" window. I'm using
> these features but don't really understand when to use one over another. Are
> there any clear explanations somewheres with explicit examples on these two
> concepts.

Here's a quote from Webmonkey's Flash Tutorial, which BTW is a great means for
"getting" a lot of basic Flash technique in a relatively short amount of time.
It starts at
http://www.hotwired.com/webmonkey/multimedia/tutorials/tutorial2.html --

"Motion tween? But it's not moving! Congratulations, you've just discovered a
quirk in the interface of Flash. As a rule, use the Motion tween for everything
but shape morphing."

-- from
http://www.hotwired.com/webmonkey/98/25/index1a_page6.html?tw=multimedia

HTH.

Ken Sherwood

p.s. Here's another hint: the only images or objects that can be *shape
tweened* are those that are drawn with Flash's (rudimentary) drawing tools.
Sigh. (Someone *please* correct me if I'm wrong, but, alas, I believe I'm not.)