Subject: Re: FLASH: One last question from Newbie tonight
From: John Croteau
Date: Mon, 28 Dec 1998 18:04:51 GMT

Hi Byron,

> Objects with an Alpha setting of zero will appear as an outline in the
> Flash editor if you change the view setting to outlines.
> Go to the View menu and choose Outlines (or Ctrl+Alt+Shift+O -- "oh" not
> zero; for Mac keyboard equivalents, you're on your own).
> >Another thing that throws me is when I create an alpha option on a symbol.
> >If I make a symbol disappear using alpha I can't see it to select it at the
> >point it is invisible. Is there a setting that shows me the symbol?
You can also change the Layer output the invisible item is in to one of
the five layer outline colors without changing the appearance of other
layers:

Click on the Modify Layers box to the left of the timeline and select
Red Outlines near the bottom (or one of the other colors) then
everything in that layer will appear as a Red Outline incluing Alpha
zero objects. To return the Layer to Normal select Normal collor from
the same menu.

The Layer color outlines can be very helpful in aligning objects on
different layers.

Need a PC ? -- Computer King --
http://www.crownmall.com/computers/