Subject: Re: FLASH: From the newbie: RE Shape Tweening by Ken
From: Dorian Nisinson
Date: Mon, 28 Dec 1998 19:21:20 GMT

It does not matter where you create the art you want to shape tween.
You can draw it in Flash or Freehand or Illustrator. The important
factor is that the art NOT be a symbol AND that the image be fairly
simple or broken down into simple pieces, each piece on its own layer.
You can create a symbol and put the drawing you want to shape tween on
a layer in the symbol and then add the appropriate number of frames and
then make the last frame a keyframe and change this last keyframe to the
shape you want. The entire shape tween is contained in a symbol but the
beginning and end states of the shape tween are not symbols but simply
vector shapes. Shape hints can help make the shape tween work correctly
though shpae tweening can be unpredictable the more complex the shapes
are.
You do not have to contain your shape tween in a symbol, it is just
more reusable that way.

Dorian

--
Dorian Nisinson Design
dorianatbway [dot] net (mailto:dorianatbway [dot] net)

Flash Tell Target Tutorial
http://www.bway.net/~dorian/TTtutor.htm

The Flash Fortune Teller
Ask and you shall be answered!
http://www.bway.net/~dorian/FortuneT.htm

Flash Central-- The Source for Flash Information
http://www.FlashCentral.com/

http://www.bway.net/~dorian
Graphic Design, Illustration, Flash Design
Photoshop 4 Actions too