Subject: Re: FLASH: Flash competition
From: David Gary
Date: Tue, 29 Dec 1998 01:29:47 GMT

Erik Kittlaus wrote:

> sounds interesting
>
> http://www.internetnews.com/wd-news/1998/12/2801-platinum.html

Hmm, Well Cosmo is no new comer to web applications. This is nothing more
than a VRML authoring tool in disguise. It really doesnt fall on the same
line as Flash.

Also, you still have to have the cosmo player to view the content. At over 3
megs, it
still falls short on a 28.8. The Flash player at a little over 100kb can
auto download
in a matter of seconds and its already standard in NS 4.5+.

I wouldnt waste to much time on this product. However if it exports vector
format
and we could use it in Flash for 3D work, then it would be worth alot.
Course, this
is impossible since you cant DL the beta or demo for this product yet.

Flash is too cool and shockwave has alot of attention for a plug-in. Its
gona take
something alot more than unaccepted VRML to shake it's foundation.

IMHO,

Btw, has anyone noticed how Cosmo Page FX package design looks strikingly
similiar
to MM's shockwave products?

-DG-