Subject: Re: FLASH: Flash competition
From: Wayne Townsend
Date: Tue, 29 Dec 1998 12:30:24 GMT

That would be nice, stickman, but clearly MM is very careful about
increasing the size of the plug-in. Some people reason that 3D is too
costly.

If something were to be added, input fields would be the most useful IMO,
and provide the most bang for the buck. If that were to happen, and I
could do form posts from flash, I'd never have to use stinkin' html again;
*everything* would be flash.

What a wonderful world that would be.

/w

>stickman's 2 cents:
>VRML applications are hardly proprietary of Cosmo.
>The point is that non-immersive VRML properties would enhance Flash's
>pallette with less bandwidth and LOTS less tinkering.
>visions of rotating (true 2 axis rotation) buttons and rotatable
>navigational fields (instead of simple charts)
>with complex heirarchies this becomes very valuable.
>
>>Erik Kittlaus wrote:
>
>>Hmm, Well Cosmo is no new comer to web applications. This is nothing more
>>than a VRML authoring tool in disguise. It really doesnt fall on the same
>>line as Flash.
>>I wouldnt waste to much time on this product. However if it exports vector
>>format
>
>>and we could use it in Flash for 3D work, then it would be worth alot.

Wayne Townsend
WebStaffing.Net
Farmersville/Princeton, Texas
waynetattopher [dot] net