Subject: Re: FLASH: From the newbie: RE Shape Tweening by Ken
From: John Croteau
Date: Tue, 29 Dec 1998 20:14:59 GMT

Hi Ken,

> > It does not matter where you create the art you want to shape tween.
> > You can draw it in Flash or Freehand or Illustrator. The important
> > factor is that the art NOT be a symbol AND that the image be fairly
> > simple or broken down into simple pieces, each piece on its own layer.
> How does one determine *how* "fairly simple" the artwork must be?
In general the simplier the oject the better. It should have no more
complexity than needed to properly represent the subject.

> Is copy and paste adequate for transfering artwork from
> FreeHand to Flash?
Usually

> [Going back to *my* original task, which was to convert
> about twenty letters to paths, and then morph each one
> into the next, it seems to me (after further consideration)
> to be best done in FreeHand . . . each letter-to-letter morph
> ("blend") occupying several layers on one page in FreeHand, and
> the entier transition from beginning to end occupying about 20 pages,
> then export the whole deal to Flash.]
In general animations created in Flash will be smaller and play quicker
than imported ones. Objects created in Freehand and imported into Flash,
often require little optimization. However animations created in
programs other than Flash rarely have common elements (symbols) not
duplicated when reused and do not have the optimized Motion and/or Shape
Tweening saving that can be achieved in Flash.

If your animation is not for the Web then file saving might still be
important based on how it impacts the animation speed and smoothness.

Need a PC ? -- Computer King --
http://www.crownmall.com/computers/