Subject: Re: FLASH: JavaScript Controlling Flash Movies
From: John Croteau
Date: Thu, 31 Dec 1998 01:26:15 GMT

Hi Kevin,

> I have created a site with two frames. The menu for the whole site is
> Flash and it resides in the "footer" frame. The html pages, which the
> menu calls, reside in the "main" frame. Phase ONE of this site is now
> active at:
> http://www.city.brampton.on.ca <http://www.city.brampton.on.ca>
> * WARNING: (at client's request) This site can ONLY be viewed by
> higher-end 4.0 browsers, and works best with Internet Explorer. I also
> don't know if the mime has been set for MAC's, as we are not hosting the
> site and I'm on PC.
The MIME is set on this site. MIME is required for all browsers except
IE win 95/98/NT
though without the MIME set many browsers may not have any apparent
symptoms.

But your site crashes my netscape 4.06 browser Win 95.
It works without error with Netscape 3.
Seems the problem comes from the HTML page
http://www.city.brampton.on.ca/5_1_searchBusDir.taf

Need a PC ? -- Computer King --
http://www.crownmall.com/computers/