Subject: FLASH: ADMIN: Merry Christmas & Happy New Year
From: Sam Michel
Date: Mon, 25 Dec 2000 14:15:46 GMT

Hello Everyone,

Just a short festive note to wish everyone a very happy holidays. Hopefully
all of you will get the chance to spend some quality time away from a
computer screen. I just wanted to say thank you to everyone who has helped
support the flasher and shockwave lists and Chinwag through the last year.
It feels like there are a lot of friends out there, many of whom are known
only by email address, but friends nontheless.

We have big plans for the coming year, including new additions to the
website, better resources, a bunch of new discussion lists and newsletters,
as well as a lot of developments to support the existing lists, particularly
flasher. Anna, who joined Chinwag in September has been working on hard
behind the scenes to improve the resources on the website, with lots more to
follow next year.

The latter part of 2000 has been a pretty bumpy ride for lots of people
working in new media land, and next year looks like it's also going to hard
work. Still, I'm sure we've all learnt a lot and after a brief respite, lots
of turkey/goose/duck/chicken/nut roast and plenty of booze we'll all be
ready to get stuck in again.

I hope you agree with me that it's re-assuring to have a community of people
through flasher and shockwave, and Chinwag that, whilst providing enough
cynicism and razor-sharp wit to bring any big-heads down to size, also
provides one of the strongest communities I've come across online. It's a
privilege to be part of it, I hope you feel the same.

I'm getty gushy, aren't I? It must have been the considerable quantities of
whisky. I'm off to fill my face with Christmas nosh, I hope you are too. I
look forward to speaking/emailing/meeting lots more of you in the coming
year.

Toodle Pip

Sam
Sam Michel, Chinwag - Internet Community
e: samatchinwag [dot] com http://www.chinwag.com
t: 0870 730 7313 f: 0870 730 7312

Seminars? Exhibitions? Networking events? Get our
new weekly events calendar by email:
http://www.chinwag.com/uk-netmarketing/e_index.shtml

Weekly round-up of uk-netmarketing discussion via email:
http://www.chinwag.com/uk-netmarketing/roundup.shtml

Register before November 10 and save £200
http:// www.flashforward2000.com