Subject: Re: logo macromedia
From: John Dowdell
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 1998 21:54:40 GMT

At 6:49 AM 2/16/98, Jan van Boesschoten wrote:
>If there are macromedia-employees around, I have the following question.
>I used your logo on a page explaining flash (in Dutch). Do I have to ask
>permission for using the logo or not.

I'm not a lawyer, but logo usage is generally rigorously controlled.

There are Flash and Shockwave buttons available on the Macromedia website.
There's also a set of papers on use of the "Made With Macromedia" logo. I'm
not qualified to state offhand whether the use at
http://www.mediaplaza.nl/nieuw2/flash.htm
is in compliance or not, but I do know that those references contain the
desired info. You can find them at
http://www.macromedia.com/macromedia/
and clicking on the "Macromedia Style Guide" link, then the "Made with
Macromedia" usage guide. (The corporate usage guide is, I believe,
restricted to corporate use.)

(btw, I like the layout... the subtle stripes on the background are nice too.)

jd

Private email options: http://www.macromedia.com/support/priority.html
Search DIRECT-L: http://www.mcli.dist.maricopa.edu/director/digest/
Online savvy: http://search.yahoo.com/bin/search?p=netiquette