Subject: Re: transparent flash movie
From: Lane Allen
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 1998 06:11:57 GMT

At 02:40 PM 2/17/98 -0800, you wrote:
[snip]
>what i want to know is how the browser selects a transparent color from
>the .swf file, or more importantly, do all i have to is select a solid
>color background from my modify movie menu, and IE4'll take care of the
>rest, is it based on the first pixel like gif animation?

I haven't done this myself yet, but I am planning on doing the
same thing on my site. I think that as long as you have an
object showing and not covering the entire scene, that the
background will show up no matter what color you set the
movie to. It's like when you specify the background color
in the activeX control to override the color that you set in
the actual movie.

I'm not certain on this, but this is what I am assuming and
I would like to hear anything on the subject matter myself.

What is the deal with the lag time when posting to the list?
I sent a post out about five hours ago and it just went up...

HTH
Lane