Subject: Re: tweened button actions
From: Colin Moock
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 1998 14:20:31 GMT

flasheratshocker [dot] com,Internet writes:
>>>One button can have many actions along a timeline. Each time a
>keyframe
>>>on a button layer is set, the action can be changed.
>>>
>>>So at frame 10 a button could link to URL test1.html and at frame 20
>>>the same button could link to test2.html.
>>>
>>>Because a tween involves two key frames (one to start the tween, one
>>>end it), I'm wondering if perhaps the action on the key frame at the
>>>end of your tween isn't set?
>>>

>>No- this doesn't work - the actionbs only function at the keyframes.
>>Entering a keyframe at evryframe is a drag.

I'm jumping back into this after a while away, but in my experience
actions do function at the frames inbetween the keyframes. I have a
test movie with a button tweening back and forth along a path, and the
button is completely active the whole way along the path, not just at
the two ends. GetURL actions work fine at any point during the tween.

I'd be happy to send the original .fla file over if you want to play
with it yourself (need your email address tho'. don't want to upload it
to the group...).

Cheers,
Colin