Subject: Re: Flash Central Detection Script
From: Pablo
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 1998 20:21:20 GMT

Hi John et al.

At Flasher.Net I just use aftershock. I dont use the java version just
the alternative gif. When people come to the site, those that don't have
flash will just a see a static gif of the logo. Those that don't have
it, aslo have to option of getting it automatically by using the
SmartShockwave button at the buttom.

Ive found aftershock to be adequate for the job. However, I am noticing
its limitations and find myself editing the code quite a lot of time.
One missing feature is the option to load a url if they dont have the
plugin. That way they see the gif, but still proceeded onwards to the
site.

This is done simply by doing "document.location.href = "flashpad.html".

Anyhow, ive also noticed a minor bug on your splash page..i keep getting
a cookie. If I use my back button I get a cookie again. I am accepting
all cookies. I havent looked at the code but something is a little fishy
there.

Regards,
paul paulatflasher [dot] net

FLASHER.NET ** Now Showing: "Flashpad!" **

http://www.flasher.net/flashpad.html
- Show of your flash, post your questions, and meet other flashers