Subject: Re: NS Comm 4.04 always Java??
From: John Croteau
Date: Sun, 22 Feb 1998 20:33:05 GMT

Hi Wayne and all,

John Dowdell answered this before. I believe the swLiveConnect option is
only active in Director and we Flashers will have to wait for a new
Flash plug-in before we get this feature activated.

With the optional "swLiveconnect" option you can insert into your HTML's
EMBED a
tag to alert the browser whether this particular plugin needs to
communicate
through Java or not.

The only time it will make a discernible difference is when you are in
the
Netscape 4.0 browser, and the Flash page is the first page you visit
that
uses applets, LiveConnect-savvy plugins, certain databases, and other
live
functions.

The Netscape 3 browser loads Java at startup; the Netscape 4 browser
loads
Java at first demand. You can remove the Java notification for your
Flash
page by telling the browser that your page won't use LiveConnect when
this becomes available for Flash.

--