Subject: Re: caching scenes....
From: Dave Smith
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 1998 16:00:47 GMT

christian griffith wrote:

> hi all....
>
> i am trying to figure out how to 'cache' scenes. what i want to do is
> after someone views a particular scene, and then hits "back"....when
> they do go back the whole front animation runs all over again. i want
> just to just go back to the finished part of the front animation (the
> menu) without animating again. my example is
> http://www.freebairn.com/flash2
>
> you can see how whenever a screen is viewed and then someone hits
> back.....the whole animation runs.
>
> any help, suggestions, or tutorials would be great.......

Hiya Christian,

Unfortunately Flash files will not cache in NS or IE4.0 if there over
the
lousy 64k default. BecaUSE OF THIS i PERSONALLY HAVE TO REDESIGN SPECIAL
VERSIONS OF MY SITE TO SUIT ns AND ie 4.0

mm CLAIMS TO BE WORKING ON THE PROBLEM WITH A FIX IN THERE FUTURE
PLUG-IN.

i NOTICED THAT VDO streaming files cache over the default. I had a VDO
file in my netscape cache that was almost a meg. This lets us know that
there can be a solution. Unfortunately this requires a whole new version
of
the plug-in for the viewers. Talk about a pain in the ass.

The only solution I have found to control when the viewer wants to
return to a previous flash file and start where the viewer left off is
either