Subject: Re: Smart Shockwave Question
From: todd levin
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 1998 22:06:47 GMT

thanks.

the question came out of discussions we have had with a client about
allowing the user to auto-install the plugin. problem is, for you or me,
the pop-up dialog box requesting permission to continue with auto-install is
just a formality which can be easily removed through lowering security
settings in the browser. but, for a new user, the dialog box can be
somewhat forboding, mostly in the way the browser chooses to phrase the
alert.

just trying to figure out the best way to avoid scaring someone out of
auto-installing the plugin or boring them to death with reassurances and
instructions via a verify page.

todd