Subject: RE: FLASH: OT: Rates
From: Rey, Chrissy
Date: Tue, 9 Feb 1999 21:14:39 GMT

Price-fixing is no joke. Individuals and companies can (and have) been sued and/or jailed by the US government for discussing pricing with competitors. While you may think that prices should be discussed on this forum, a legal-eye from the US Department of Justice may see it as intent to fix the price of Flash services. A lot of professional organizations have policies to ban discussion of price fixing for this very reason (for one example, check out http://www.hwg.org/lists/rules.html#5) Just be careful, and always consult a qualified lawyer when in doubt! You can also get more info on price-fixing, and other Antitrust issues from the DOJ web site (http://www.usdoj.gov/atr).

As for the tag off the mattress thing, read the tag :P The consumer can remove it :)

Just to clarify things a wee bit, I am NOT a lawyer, and this is not meant to be "legal advice." While I do work for the Department of Justice, I do not work in Antitrust (USTP is Bankruptcy!). My opinions and contributions to this list do not represent those of the Department of Justice or the Antitrust Division - or the USTP for that matter - just my own.

Chrissy Rey
Web Developer
United States Trustee Program
United States Dept. of Justice