Subject: Re: FLASH: OT: Rates
From: David Gary
Date: Tue, 9 Feb 1999 22:19:30 GMT

Al Rosetti wrote:

> Although I DO understand the concept of an agent, I don't know how it could
> really work in the field of web design.

There was a little pun intended there. However people who work for web design
firms
and create web based content arent your typical Olivas and most of them seem to
be clueless
as to how powerful internet animation presentation can be. Technologies like
Flash enable a
artist or illustrator who has no idea about programming to expose their talents
in a unique form.
CD-rom publication is an example. Now that its getting more diverse on the
internet opportunites
are opening for alot of different branches of the artist community. The more
"TV"-like the web becomes,
the more the creatives will be attracted to the opportunities. The web has taken
alot of traditional freelance jobs
away from the industry but in turn is quickly opening up more online. When cable
access becomes
more of a standard, Web sites will start to take on a CD-rom like appearance.
Its inevidable.
that professional illustration will account for a large amount of the industry
and will be hired by the corporates.
Its not there yet.

-DG-