Subject: RE: FLASH: OT: Your Professional opinion...
From: Raymond, Derek
Date: Wed, 10 Feb 1999 00:11:50 GMT

DON'T DROP OUT OF SCHOOL!!!!!!!!

I graduated a year and a half ago and I am making great money doing
graphics, 3d animation, and multimedia authoring for a great company. I
currently live in Las Vegas, but I went to ASU so I know the Phoenix area as
well. There are plenty of jobs in this field if you look in the right
places. I get at least one calI a week from recruiters all over the
country. I agree, you do not need a degree in this field, but you will
regret not having it. Some of the larger companies will not even look at you
if you dont have a degree.

School in general offers many opportunities you normally dont get. It is a
great place to network. You never know who your classmates will work for.
I even stay in touch with instructors who have a lot of connections.
Different classes offer you many directions in multimedia. Do you want to
do 3d, 2d, animation, graphic layout/design, web, video, etc.

Al's friend chooses to be a grunt. Anyone in this field with the talent and
the drive can be working in a great place.