Subject: FLASH: Netscape + NT bug?
From: Michelle Culverwell
Date: Wed, 10 Feb 1999 09:01:50 GMT

Help!

Has anyone else experienced problems with Flash using Netscape on Windows
NT?

I've never had a problem using Win 98, but changed to NT recently and now
Netscape crashes regularly when I view Flash on the web. I tried
reinstalling the browser (v 4.5) and running service pack 4, but it still
keeps crashing it, even in Netscape 3.04. I wondered if it was the version
of the plugin installed with 4.5, but another developer here said he had
problems with older versions of NS on NT.

It doesn't happen all the time, and seems to happen more often if I click or
scroll when the swf hasn't finished loading.

It gives an application error, and closes the browser. I can't find any
system help on the error (which varies anyway).

It's definitely not something I'm doing in my Flash, because it happens on
other well-known Flash sites as well (including www.macromedia.com).

I'd really appreciate any ideas on this, as we're doing a lot of new
development for a client.

thanks,
Michelle