Subject: Re: FLASH: OT: Rates
From: Bernie Goldbach
Date: Wed, 10 Feb 1999 10:31:41 GMT

Normally, I would defer to my Stateside cousins on most things
related to the web, but on the issue of trading pricing
schedules, I can't be bothered by limp anti-trust philosophies
generated before electric bulbs penetrated the consumer market.
So I think it's important to nurture this kind of discussion.
And if it actually violates some US standard, the list will find
an international host with attitude.

In Ireland, you can get 50 per cent more than HTML interfaces
when designing Flash interfaces for the web.

About billable hours -- I think the industry agrees on paying
for frames. The post-production studios that we work with charge
per frame and clients are used to paying for that measureable
unit. So if you can produce a frame billing arrangement that
your clients agree with, you should be able to recover the cost
of the time you spend tweaking scenes.

Bernie in Dublin
stripesatiol [dot] ie