Subject: FLASH: Generator - replace text
From: Andrew Vester
Date: Wed, 10 Feb 1999 14:23:43 GMT

Hi, back to Generator again.
I have some variable text - {banner1} that I am trying to replace with some
data that I get out of a database and it just isn't working. Under the
settings I can use the - param switch to pass the values in but thats about
all I can get right.
I have exported the template and placed it on my local server and passed
some values by commandline and it works so I can't understand what is
happening.
I have also tried using a text file with little success.
The variable text is a mvie clip that is nested a couple of times in other
symbols - maybe this is the problem.
Does anyone have an example of how to do this.
Thanks for your time.
Regards
Andrew