Subject: Re: FLASH: Popup Windows
From: SANIsoft
Date: Wed, 10 Feb 1999 16:09:56 GMT

Colin
>in fact, i expected to just be able to use:
>setTimeout('newwin = window.open(winurl,winname,winfeatures)', 100);
>
>can you explain the need for both single and double quoting?

setTimeout expects the function to execute to be passed as a string, the
single and double quotes can be interchanged (but you have to do it
thrughout)
the commas in the list are string elements and have to be nested inside
(the function name) as such. Hence we have to use a maze of single and
double quotes

BTW I have learnt a lot about Flash from your site :)

Tarique
Real Estate in Nagpur - http://www.transtechno.com
Send a free letter to Nagpur - http://www.NagpurCity.net